Interested joining Radio Wey?
Do you have any free time to spare and enjoy the thought of helping out in our Charity to entertain and inform others, some of whom are less fortunate than yourself? Then we may have a position for you in our team!
New Key Vacancies:
We are adding regular outside broadcasts from local care homes to our schedule, and we are looking for new members to become part of an extended team to help make these programmes come to life on a regular basis.
Requirements for this OB team are:
- Weekday Availability and own car (both essential)
- Ability to present a show based largely on music from the 40s, 50s and 60s; ideally having a good selection of this music in digital format;
- or Technical skills to Engineer the Outside Broadcast Equipment;
- or Technical Skills to Engineer the studio end of the Outside Broadcast;
- or general ability to assist with transport and set-up of equipment and ability to interact comfortably with Care Home residents and staff.
Being part of this team will be a very rewarding experience as we help entertain a special group within our community and bring the event back to our hospital and online listeners too.
Other Current Vacancies:
- Request Collectors / Presenters to join our busy Sunday afternoon and Friday morning show teams
- Request Collectors / Presenters to form a new teams hosting a regular evening request programme
- Presenter specialising in Classical music
- Presenter specialising in Country music
- Presenter during weekdays for Easy Listening music, local interest and health related items
If you think you have the skills or aptitude to help out in any of these roles, or perhaps in some other way, then please complete our online application form by selecting the 'join' button, today!
Due to the volume of applicants we will contact you for an interview, and if you are successful you will be required to complete a four week probationary period. This gives you a chance to see what we have to offer and us the opportunity to evaluate you for a suitable position at the station.
If you meet our needs and demonstrate commitment, we would ask you to join the station. An annual membership fee would then be applicable. Further training and coaching will be provided to help develop your skills.
Above all, you should enjoy yourself by helping others and giving something worthwhile back to the community.
Please note: Sorry, but we are unable to offer work experience places.
As a hospital and community focused radio station, we're committed in bringing locally produced shows and content to our listeners. We need committed presenters to help present shows - weekday daytime availability is of particular interest!
Ward Visitor/Request Collector
Ward visitors and request collectors are the driving force behind our operation. We welcome anyone who's looking to interact with our audience at both St Peter's and Ashford Hospitals, collecting requests and bring them back to home-base.
Don't feel like being behind the mic, but love creating content? Then this role is potentially the one for you. We need talented producers to help put together our shows, to pick music, collate requests and put together all the components which make up a great show.
We also have other roles available from time to time including:
- Sports reporting
- Fund raising
- Community liaison
- Public relations & social media
- Station production (jingle/trailers)
- Outside events
- Studio engineering